The Slot Prayer
Invite the group to spend a few minutes with one of the 'centring down' exercises (see Index). Then read through the following, slowly, with pauses of a few minutes where indicated.
Imagine that you are at work, or at school, or at college, or about the home - or wherever you spend your working day.
Think of yourself at your desk, or sink, or whatever!
Then in your imagination:
STOP what you are doing for just a moment
LOOK at the things to hand and the people around you
- the things are created by God
- and the people are created in God's image
OFFER them all, along with yourself as you are, to God
- God accepts all that we are
- and all that we offer
THEN continue, as a prayer, what you have to do
- work can also be part of prayer
- it all depends upon what we are prepared to offer
You could print this exercise and do this on your own while actually in the situation.